Chapter 2 - Kanna vs. Keny
Hi, it’s been quite some time since I completed Chapter 1. I have just been a little too lazy and thought a lot about how the people here in America will react to some amount of controversial wording and descriptions. So going forward, all descriptions of people will be based on real life characters, but due to privacy laws and issues the names of the characters will be changed.
United States of America!! You will learn to love the place once you come here. So after the adventures of the flight, I was on my way home with my sister. It was a nice 45 min ride home with lots of traffic moving at a phenomenal speed. I couldn't help but admire the traffic system. Tons of people driving on the right side of the road on automatics. Although I admired the system, my male Indian ego would only let me pass a comment like "I'd rather drive on the crowded streets on Bangalore with a stick shift".
We finally got to Waltham, a small suburb of Boston. My sister lived in this beautiful condo. It was clean and quiet. I enjoyed the first 4 days I stayed there. Just in case one of my cousins or close buddies in Bangalore are reading this, "I washed my own dishes even at my sister's place and mixed the rice and dal on my own". Yes it’s true; I never mixed rice on my own until the age of 22. I tried to keep the place clean but was never up to my sister's standards.
After 4 days we headed out on a stormy night to Rochester, NY. This was about an hour from Syracuse. This was where Chetan Keny (name not changed, as I am confident family won't sue me) staid. Chetan was my sister's friend, at least that’s what she said. She had claimed he liked her, and so did she likewise. We reached Chetan's house at about midnight. There stood the man I detested separated by 10 ft of distance and 50miles of discomfort.
Round 1: We looked at each other. We both mumbled "Hi". Once inside, he showed us the room and asked me to get comfortable. How?? How?? How?? I was in his backyard; he was the big dog in this part of the woods. All I could say in my mind was "Try come and do this in Bangalore!!" The guy was supposedly a humble genius. He soon started showing concern after my sister urged him to. He asked me questions about my education and what I wanted to do. I replied in mono-syllables. I was being the a##h#$e of the century. It finally got to him, so he stopped asking the actually concerned questions. Darn it, this guy seemed like a nice guy. But, he's a guy!! He likes my sister. Nobody is supposed to like my sister in that kind of way until my mom says so!! It's the rule!!
Bell rings!!
Score: Chetan 10 Raghav 2
Commercial Break Theory!!
This is when I remembered my father's theory "If you dislike a person, no matter what they do, good or bad, your perception of what they say would be in the most negative fashion. The opposite applied for people you liked," This was so true.
Round 2: We sat on the couch and watched Sarkar. Then began the most awkward 10min of 2005. Half way through the movie my sister decided to break the ice. She was like one of those parents with 2 eight year olds. She would turn to Chetan and ask a question for which she knew the answer, just to make him have a conversation with me. Then, she would turn to me and do the same. It was really bad. The amazing timing had the music "Govinda Govinda Govindaaaaaa!!" playing in the background. They were these two nerds in love and I was the one in the way, complete Bollywood style.
Bell Rings!!
Score: Chetan 0 Raghav 0 - Savitha gets 100 for outside interference.
Commercial Break Theory!!
Govinda Govinda - is a phrase used to describe "Oh sh#@, you've lost it all now!!” That wasn't the meaning in the song.
Round 3: The next morning we headed to Syracuse University. We stopped at an outlet mall in Waterloo. We shopped for whatever was necessary for school. This day I was mature and ignorant about his presence. I went on my own, bought what I needed even though they offered to buy everything. My sis did end up buying me a bag. My sister expected him to win the family over Shah Rukh Khan style. But, I was just too busy in my world. He had better things going for him then trying to convince a stubborn spoilt 22 year old brat that he was good for his sister. So we both went in opposite directions. This made my sis take both of us aside one by one and give us a yelling of the century. We were both grounded.
Bell Rings!!
Score: Raghav 8 Chethan 6 Savitha -150 for unruly behaviour.
Result: Raghav gets disqualified for unsportsman like conduct. Chetan lives to fight another day. The promoter Savitha has lost a lot in arranging this bout.
Shopping was done and we headed straight to Syracuse, a university town.
This information given right here is extremely classified therefore the size 8 text. Later that night Kanna went on to speak to his mother who wanted to know if Chetan was a nice guy and was good for his sis. The sneaky cheeky bum went on to lie to his mother and say the man was a dreadful person.
No comments:
Post a Comment